"Take a closer look at nature - its amazing! "
Our featured artist is Nick Day. He is multi-award winning & has sold prints and paintings worldwide.
This image of a Samatran Tiger - painted by Nick Day in 2010 - the original was sold at auction in London, is available as a print of 75 copies only - contact the artist by clicking on the 'contact-us' tab if you are interested. There are also 'artist's proofs' available.
Following the success of 'Dead Robin' (2012) in USA
the above picture is a preview of what Nick's next project will be. He plans to do a series of compositional statement paintings using 'road & window kill' that he has collected recently.
These are the hand made glass pens Nick uses to 'engrave' the feather work on his compositions.
A complete contrast to the painting below!
European Skylark ascending.
Nick in his beloved South Downs National Park in East Sussex, where he now lives & where the European Skylark breeds.
This is one of Nick's latest paintings, it shows a family of Little Owls at the nest site on a 250 year old Almond tree on the edge of a corn field in the morning sun in Portugal.
This image is available as a print run of only 25 - contact the artist via the 'Contact-Us' tab on the left of the page if you would like a print.
As with any of the images on this page.
This award winning image of a Snow Leopard - painted by Nick Day in 2011 - is available as a print of 175 copies only - contact the artist by clicking on the 'contact-us' tab if you are interested.
Nick believes the human mammal has increasingly found it difficult to move away from our ever-evolving & more technological ‘world’ – where the Natural world seems to have taken a new low priority in our thirst for knowledge and gain, and is neglected to the point of justification & denial - to our detriment & obvious severe future decline.
What he strives to do in his portrayal of Nature, is to bring the onlooker into the subject's world using basic human instincts such as pity and inquisitiveness – without being sentimental – whilst at the same time illustrating a little of the fascinating depth & detail that this sometimes little known world to some, has to offer. Also subtly lurking in the background of his work, is an impending sense of impermanence, which, although the artist is an optimist, reflects what he feels is happening in today’s 'global' society.
Puffin without Sand Eels
This painting of a Golden Eagles Eye was bought by Dame Judi Dench at an exhibition at the World Trust Gallery in Halesworth, Surrey.
Small Heath Butterfly on Scentless Mayweed.
A short film about Nick's work, click on the link below if you wish to view it.
A recent interview for 'Lewes Arts' by academic Lucy Finchett-Maddock - click on the link below
Lewes Arts interview.
The painting below of the Cornish Chough was commissioned to raise money for the Durrell Conservation Trust - responsible for some of the most important conservation of threatened species on the planet, with the Cornish Chough being re-introduced to the north Jersey coast,(Channel Islands).
The original painting by Nick Day was auctioned by Christies in London. There is an Original Signed & stamped limited edition print run of 250 of this painting. If you are interested in purchasing a print, please contact the artist.
Peregrine with Rock Dove
If your interests are wildlife art, birds or animals, with their differing personalities and behaviour, then you have come to the right place. There are Birds of prey including Owls, Kites and Peregrines. Or perhaps the Green Woodpecker with its wonderful colour and personality or even the Puffin with its clown like face.
My favorite bird prints by our featured artist, Nick Day, are the Green Woodpecker and Atlantic Puffin.
Below these are pictures of four of his latest paintings, a Sumatran Tiger, a Labrador bitch & puppy and an Alsation dog, aswell as a Yorkshire Terrier.NICK DAY IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE FOR COMMISSIONS OF YOUR FAMILY PETS, INCLUDING CATS, & DOGS, AS WELL AS ALL CAPTIVE BIRDS - PLEASE CONTACT HIM VIA THE 'CONTACT-US' TAB ON THE LEFT FOR A PRICE & ADVICE.
Green Woodpecker at Nest Site
Puffin at Nest Site
Labrador Bitch with Pup
These latest prints of the 'Sumatran Tiger', the 'Labrador & Pup' , 'Alsation Dog' & 'Yorkshire Terrier' are all available as original limited edition prints! All you need to do is click on the "contact-us" tab on the left of this page & then send an email to the artist requesting details. If you want to buy any of the prints on offer here, or even commission the artist for a painting of your own choice, please contact the artist NICK DAY himself by clicking on the "cotact us" tab
This photo shows one of Nick Day's paintings being auctioned at BAFTA House, London, to raise money for the Durrell Conservation Trust.
The Artist David Shepherd with Nick after presenting him with 'The David Shepherd Award' for best work depicting an endangered species, at the 2012 TWASI (the wildlife art society international) exhibition. Infact he went on to win another award, 'The Peoples's Choice' for the same painting, 'Snow Leopard'
This photo shows Nick with his painting prior to auction - it was bought by a well known film producer in the USA.
Nick with the actor and presenter John Sessions just before the live auction at BAFTA House - December 2012.
The artist, Nick Day, is passionate about wildlife, especially birds. He spends weeks visiting bird sanctuaries in the United Kingdom and Europe. He sketches and photographs his most loved birds. Because his passion for wildlife and its preservation, he has a vast knowledge of the birds he loves, their habitat, breeding, and migratory patterns.
His method of painting is unusual and rare and totally original to him. He uses the unique medium of water and oil-based crayon over a detailed engraving on a hardened linen board.
His inspiration to paint with this medium came from his childhood, where he was influenced by the Victorian method of very detailed hand-tinted copper plates of birds. To view his Green Woodpecker Click Here
Nick has his original paintings digitally scanned and then set in acid free mounts. Click on the link to our wildlife gallery below.
Look at the detail in our featured artist's wildlife art work.
See his birds of prey, the Kestrel, the Red Kite or even the Snowy Owl.
Now you can discover the remarkable limited edition fine art prints by successful wildlife artist Nicholas Day
Our featured artist is Nicholas Day
Welcome to Wildlife art prints and posters.
A selection of some of Nick's prints from original paintings. below you will find Birds of prey, including the Red Kite, a Peregrine, aswell as a Cattle Egret On a Hippo.
One of Nick's lastest Prints "Hippo with Cattle Egret Bird On Head"
Just have a look at some of his excellent fine art prints in our bird section. All Nicholas Day prints are signed and numbered limited editions, some of the single editions are no higher than 50.
All our Wildlife Art Prints and art Posters are good value for money, All Nicholas Day art prints are signed and numbered limited editions, adding extra long term value.
Welcome to Wildlife Art Prints and Posters
Click on the buttons on the left to view the wonderful detail of Nicholas Days work. Or click on the page links below
* All fine art Prints are set in an acid-free mount measuring 15" by 12"(38cm by 30.5cm) and are delivered wrapped in a
clear jacket. Under normal lighting conditions the colour will stay true for at least 80 years.
* Each Limited Edition fine art print is signed and numbered by the artist, some no more than 50 of each print.
Reserve Your fine art Now As most of the prints are Limited to only 50 of each Print. You Won't be disappointed.
- About The Artist Nick Day
- About The Artist Nick Day
- A collection of limited edition prints of original paintings by successful wildlife artist Nicholas Day
- Kestrel Prints At Their finest By Nicholas Day
- Kestrel Signed and numbered bird prints by Nicholas Day are printed to a very high resolution and standard, on superb quality paper with fast inks.
- Owls By Nicholas Day
- Owls Signed and numbered prints by Nicholas Day are printed to a very high resolution and standard, on superb quality paper with fast inks.
- Red Kite By Nicholas Day
- Red Kite Signed and numbered print by Nicholas Day are printed to a very high resolution and standard, on superb quality paper with fast inks.
- Peregrine Page
- Peregrine a beautiful bird of prey by Nicholas Day see the passion and detail of his work
- Puffin At Nest Site
- Puffin affectionateley known as the sea parrot view the exquiste detail and quality of this picture
- Green Woodpecker By Nicholas Day
- Green Woodpecker Signed and numbered print by Nicholas Day are printed to a very high resolution and standard, on superb quality paper with fast inks.
- Shell Duck By Nicholas Day
- Shell Duck Signed and numbered print by Nicholas Day are printed to a very high resolution and standard, on superb quality paper with fast inks.
- Wheatear By Nicholas Day
- Wheatear Signed and numbered print by Nicholas Day are printed to a very high resolution and standard, on superb quality paper with fast inks.
- Finches Page
- Finches Signed and numbered print by Nicholas Day are printed to a very high resolution and standard, on superb quality paper with fast inks.
- House Sparrow By Nicholas Day
- House Sparrow Signed and numbered print by Nicholas Day are printed to a very high resolution and standard, on superb quality paper with fast inks.
- Robin By Nicholas Day
- Robin Signed and numbered print by Nicholas Day are printed to a very high resolution and standard, on superb quality paper with fast inks.
- Wren By Nicholas Day
- Wren Signed and numbered print by Nicholas Day are printed to a very high resolution and standard, on superb quality paper with fast inks.
- Moon Light By Nicholas Day
- Moon Light Signed and numbered print by Nicholas Day are printed to a very high resolution and standard, on superb quality paper with fast inks.
- Sea Scape By Nicholas Day
- Sea Scape Signed and numbered print by Nicholas Day are printed to a very high resolution and standard, on superb quality paper with fast inks.
- Postage And Packing Charges
- Postage and packing charges
- Contact us Page
- Our Contact Us Page
- Our Guarantees and Shipping Details
- Our Guarantees and shipping details
- Links and Recommended sites and Resources
- Recommended links and resources, form prints and posters to pet gifts